Specialist Residential Dementia Care in Bexhill
Your most heart wrenching decision
There comes a time in your journey with dementia when you realise that you simply can’t cope at home anymore. Caring for someone with dementia is physically and mentally draining. So eventually you get to a point where you’re simply exhausted.
You know you need help but you feel that putting your loved one in a home is somehow letting them down and that they won’t get the care, attention and love that you give them.
It’s this is the way you feel we can help.
How full time care at Ambleside care home can help you and your loved one
Choosing the right sort of care home for your loved one is a critically important decision, especially for someone who has dementia and may not be able to make their own views clear.
We believe at Ambleside we have created the ideal place for those living with dementia to experience the very best in life.
- Ambleside is a dedicated dementia home. We specialize in caring for people who have dementia and this has enabled our staff to build up tremendous practical knowledge of how to provide the very best dementia care. Whatever the type of behaviour, we will have experienced it and know how to deal with it in the best possible way.
- Exceptional staff training. The scientific understanding of dementia and its treatment is constantly improving with new research. As well as huge practical experience we invest heavily in training our staff in the lasted techniques so that they can increase their understanding of how those living with dementia see and understand their world. This improved understanding enables us to provide more effective care and a better quality of life for your loved one.
- We are the care home owners choice of dementia care. Our reputation for being able to improve the lives of those living with dementia is so good that we have even been asked by other local homes to look after residents that they have been unable to cope with.
- A wider range of engaging and stimulating activities. We have an extensive range of activities based on the program from the Uk’s leading dementia experts, Jackie Poole & Associates. Keeping active and engaged is vital in enabling your loved one to have the highest possible quality of life. So they’ll have great fun interacting with animals, experiencing nature, gardening in our large secure garden, visiting interesting places, singing in our choir, engaging in crafts & games and enjoying our visiting entertainers. There’s never a dull moment at Ambleside!
- A homely, family feel. Large, new, corporate ‘Travel Lodge’ style homes with many rooms may look good on first inspection but they come with several major drawbacks, particularly for dementia.
Firstly the sheer size of the place means that it’s very difficult for staff to get to know all the residents. Ambleside’s 20 bed size means that all the staff know our small community of resident very well. They therefore get to understand their individual needs much better which leads to better care.
Secondly it’s much more difficult for a large home with many people working there to get consistently excellent staff. At Ambleside we have a high resident to staff ratio, very loyal staff and very low staff turnover. These are yet more reasons behind us providing such exceptionally high levels of care.
Finally the large corporate style of home tends to be very anonymous. Every room and corridor looks the same and even the communal areas tend to be very nondescript. Ambleside has been extensively adapted to make it easy for people living with dementia to find their way around and to recognize each room and it’s purpose. This eliminates the agitation and worry that can arise if they become confused and disorientated.
What to do now
We hope you feel from this brief introduction to the home that Ambleside can offer your loved one a warm, relaxed, safe and secure environment and truly exceptional care. However, the best way to see if Ambleside care home is the right home for your loved one is to come and visit.
You are most welcome to visit any time and the kettle is always on so why not pop in and take a look. If you have any questions or would like to arrange an appointment with the Home Manager for a confidential chat about your requirements please call us on 01424 400488 or click here to email us.